Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The first ever I'm sorry Nic Reach-Around

yes its finally happened.

My litt spell of getting everything right with nic has finally ended by me doing something stupid and ok I think it was defendable and ok I was sleep deprived and high on pain killers but here goes, SHUTTHETHEFUCKUPANDLISTEN's first (and probably of many) I'm sorry nic posts.

This means me putting some effort into hunting news on some of the bands me and nic share love for while also sharing some old videos and stuff.

- TVOTR made a guest appearance on the Colbert Report last night. There's not a lot of point sticking up the video as I'm irish so we can't get the video from hulu, the website for the colbert report doesn't work for me and comedy central are youtube-o-phobes but still the video will be around on any of those resources if you care to look. But here's the best performance by TVOTR that I've seen recorded;


- http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/149052-decemberists-take-their-rock-opera-on-the-road - damn good news indeed. I can remember seeing another version of this song floating around ages and not being too keen on the over dramatization of the song, it seemed too "showy" and "fun" where the song I loved was a gritty tale of death and madness ... but i guess people like it ...;



Things are all very quiet on the menomena front, suspiciously quiet ..... but check this out;



The hard thing about I'm sorry nic posts is that there are bands that
a) I have gotten nic into (O'death animal collective ...),
b) She has gotten me into (jeffrey lewis, neutral milk hotel)
c) we share (TVOTR)
and
d) bands that we do not share (ponytail and any of the mad shit i listen to ... and then coheed and cambria, conor oberst affiliated stuff ...)

I can't pick from b or d as she either knows more than me or doesn't care. The site is based around a) primarily and b) again she knows more than me. So here are some bands nic should be in love with but might not know